Mason's Big Boy Room Make-Over

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Last week I was on bloglovin catching up on my favorite blogs when I came across an exciting post. Natasha from Schue Love was offering to design a room for free. I thought, "design help? for free?" I'd love to! I've been thinking a lot lately about re-decorating Mason's room since we never fully re-decorated his nursery when we moved in to our new place (almost 10 months ago!). He's getting older now and I think it would be nice to have a big boy room instead of a nursery anyway. A space that he can call his own and is inviting and makes him want to run around and play and have fun. I've been reading Natasha's blog for a while and LOVE her style so I thought I would contact her. She has a son about Mason's age (Ethan is about a month older) so I knew she had amazing little boy taste. 

I sent her an email and explained what I was looking for and sent her some current pictures of what the space looks like now. These pictures are actually a little out dated because Mason actually ripped the shelf with his owl pictures off the wall a couple weeks ago.
Boys.
(I wish I could blame it on someone else's poor supervision of Mason but it was on my watch! Mommy fail. BUT he wasn't unattended, I was standing right there. It was before his bath and he was being squirmy and kept standing up and reaching up and pulling and then...WHAM. Thankfully I was standing right there and Mason did not get hurt at all. I shielded him from most of it and got a nice bruise on my arm from doing so. Mason cried but I think he was just scared. I wanted to cry too! It hurt but I would do it again in a heartbeat if it would protect him. Needless to say, we didn't put the shelf back up and we have some nice holes in the wall to look at now lol.)

Long story short, here is what the space looks like now.






And just for fun :)


My original inspiration for Mason's nursery came from Dwell Studio's owl line. We have this fitted sheet and this changing pad cover And this chevron fitted sheet.

I told Natasha that I really liked the "M" zinc letter from Anthropologie and the idea of the owls and she translated it into a big boy room for Mason perfectly!!


Check out Natasha's post HERE for the links to of the products!

Thank you so much for this inspiration board, Natasha! 
I absolutely LOVE everything about it and can't wait to start shopping and decorating!

********************************************************

Natasha was amazing to work with and I highly recommend that you contact her if you are interested in 
re-doing a room in your house! You can find her here : Schue Love

4 comments:

  1. Love her ideas! Can't wait to see the transition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah this is so fun! Thanks again for having me help out...can't wait to see it all come together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh cool, I love Natasha's blog (& style) also. What fun colors!! Can't wait to see his new big boy room. Side note - we also have a ledge shelf above the changing table... I've already been thinking about it, but may need to change that up sooner than later.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'd had the shelf up for forever until one day when he decided to be adventurous! Boys! He still stands up there, like he is looking for it to pull on it, and then gets sad when it's not there. I would recommend taking it down/moving it, or just making sure it is super secure!

      Delete

I love your comments and I love connecting with my readers! I respond back via email so please make sure that your email is connected to your profile. Thanks for stopping by :)

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS